Recipes For Thin Within Program
Excellent served cold as a snack.
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- ½ handful grated zucchini
- ½ handful finely chopped broccoli
- 40 grams hard low-fat cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Mix together all ingredients and spoon into quiche dish.
Bake for 25 minutes or until quiche is set.
SAN CHOY BOW (PORK MINCE IN LETTUCE CUPS)
- 2 palm-sized portions of pork mince
- 1 cup sliced and drained water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
iceberg lettuce leaves, cut carefully into cups
Sauté ginger lightly before browning pork mince.
Add sauces with water chestnuts and simmer for 5 minutes. Thin with a little water.
Spoon mix into lettuce cups for serving.
LEMONGRASS AND CHILLI CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- chilli to taste
- olive oil for cooking
Place drumsticks in a covered saucepan over low heat with kaffir lime, garlic, chilli and lemongrass in a covered pan on low heat until cooked through. Turn regularly.
- 3 handfuls eggplant, cut into 3 to 5 mm slices
- 3 handfuls zucchini, cut diagonally into 3 to 5 mm slices
- 2 handfuls fennel, peeled, halved and cut into 3 to 5 mm slices
- 1½ handfuls green beans, snapped and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
Cut eggplant first. As some larger eggplants may be bitter, toss slices with 1 teaspoon salt, then let them sit while preparing other vegetables, to draw out bitter liquid. Rinse off briny liquid and pat slices dry.
Place equal-sized dry vegetable slices in large mixing bowl. Pour oil and tamari over vegetable slices, tossing to coat evenly.
Place coated slices in a food dehydrator or on a lightly greased tray. Dehydrate at 45 degrees for 4 to 8 hours or at lowest setting of oven for 3 to 4 hours, until vegetables are dried and crunchy, leathery or chewy-crunchy.
Cool and serve as a snack or with soup. You can use any vegetables, eg cauliflower, celery, green beans.
KOREAN CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 palm-sized portions of chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls lettuce, shredded
- 1 handful cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 handful capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ handful red onion, chopped
- ½ handful snow peas
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted and salted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Cut chicken breast in half.
Combine marinade ingredients and thoroughly coat chicken pieces.
Place chicken in shallow roasting pan, pour remainder of marinade over the top and cook uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
Cool cooked chicken and cut into thin strips.
Prepare salad vegetables and place in large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients and just before serving toss the chicken, salad and dressing with sesame seeds and slivered almonds.
THAI GREEN CHICKEN CURRY WITH STEAMED VEGETABLES
- 2 palm-sized portions chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- green curry paste (no added sugar)
- 1 medium onion
- finely chopped ginger to taste
- ½ cup low-fat coconut mil
- 3 handfuls each of lightly steamed broccoli, beans, and zucchini, cut lengthways
Cut the chicken breast into strips, slice onion into rings and sauté together with ginger in olive oil until chicken is just cooked.
Add coconut milk and green curry paste. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Serve alongside steamed vegetables.
MARINATED LAMB BACKSTRAP
- 4 palm-sized portions of lamb backstrap, cut into 2-cm strips
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tablespoon chopped continental parsley
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- good drizzle of olive oil
Put lamb into a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients. Use your hands to combine.
Cover and leave for 1 hour in the fridge before grilling medium/rare on the barbecue.
Serve with 3 handfuls of allowed vegetables or salad per serve.
ROSEMARY'S CAPA BREAKFASTINGREDIENTS
- fresh young coconut
- 40 grams nuts
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 apple
Scrape out the coconut.
Place the milk in processor, add the other ingredients and blend. YUM
MANGO CHIA PUDDING
- 2 cups coconut milk (homemade or natural)
- ½ cup Chia Seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (or less) sweet mango ( or berries)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 scoop Lean Clean Protein powder.
- 330 grams chopped cauliflower
- 30 grams almond meal
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place all ingredients in a Thermomix and process for 5 seconds on setting 6. Alternatively, process in a blender until you get a dough-like consistency.
Spread out mixture on baking paper then pop it into the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly crispy.
Remove from oven, add your toppings then bake for a further 15 minutes.