Food For Medicine
Hot Flush Sage Tea
Repeat every day for a week.
- 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
The juice of 2 lemons
- Soak sage leaves overnight in lemon juice.
- In the morning strain and drink the juice.
- 3 teaspoons flaxseeds soaked overnight in ¼ cup boiling water
- 5 prunes, de-seeded
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ frozen banana, sliced
- ½ cup low-fat natural yogurt
Process all ingredients together, including flaxseed soaking water. Serve immediately
Jamu to Reduce Inflammation
Turmeric is heavily used in Ayurvedic medicine. It has antiseptic and antibacterial qualities, takes on similar effects as fluoride for teeth, heals psoriasis and joint inflammation, helps with digestive problems and more recently is being used to treat depression. This is a Balinese medicinal drink.
- 100 grams fresh turmeric root
- 100 millilitres lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- Juice turmeric.
- Mix with honey and lime juice.
- Top with water, mix and drink.